Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Skinny Cucumber Dip

My cucumbers have finally started to grow so I've been trying to think of ways to use them other than on my salad. Enter Skinny Cucumber Dip! The recipe is originally from Gina's Skinny Recipes and was used as a dressing, but Lacey from Viva LAS Lacey thickened it up and served as a dip!


1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
1 small cucumber, peeled and seeds removed
3 tbsp fresh parsley
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup chives or scallions
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/4 salt

Mix it all up in the blender!

  She also ended up adding more mayo in to thicken the dip. Let it chill for awhile to further thicken it up-great with veggies and pita chips!

10 comments :

  1. mmm, sounds awesome!! i'm loving cucumbers this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds so good! I just picked some cucumbers from my garden so I might try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum!! i love cucumbers! can't wait to try this lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhh yum! I need to make this asap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!

    I also wanted to let you know I am having a giveaway on my blog, it is a pearl $168 necklace by Pomegranate. Please check it out.

    http://lea-oh-lea.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. now THIS is a recipe I would for real make...I Love cucumbers and pita chips! mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to try this! This recipe sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete