Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts.

Not a whole lot going on in my neck of the woods today. I got to sleep in since I have an event tonight, which was nice. Extra sleep = happy Megan.

Did any of yall give up anything for Lent? I decided to give up beer. Hopefully giving it up will help my get rid of my mini gut I've acquired this Winter. It's definitely going to be a challenge for me though (without sounding like an alcoholic). Sometimes after work, I just want to come home and drink a beer. And on the weekends, I drink beer because it doesn't give me a headache like wine and liquor does. Guess I'll just have to learn that word moderation when it comes to wine and liquor until Easter. :)
Is this considered moderation?


This weekend our friends, Shelby & Trey, are getting married! Trey has been friends with Cameron since high school and they both went on college together at Clemson. Trey and Shelby started dating about 6 months before Cameron and I met so it has been lots of fun hanging out with this sweet and super fun couple over the past 3 years! I know the wedding is going to be a blast and Shelby is going to be b-e-a-u-tiful!
They even color coordinate! haha jk :)

Saturday, before the wedding, I'll be going to my first wedding dress appointment! Joining me will be my mom, my sister, the bff, Cameron's mom and my two grandmothers. I can't wait! But I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little stressed that I'll be too picky or won't find one in my price range. I do have two more appointments set up in March at other stores so I'm going to try not to get too stressed just yet! 


Hope everyone is enjoying the BEAUTIFUL weather today!

17 comments :

  1. you are going to have so much fun this weekend! can't wait to hear about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beer is a tough one to give up! Every year I think about alcohol in general and then remember Lent covers St. Patrick's Day and March Madness. No way I'm skipping drinking for those events!

    Have fun this weekend!!! So exciting to go try on dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moderation! HA!
    Can't wait to see pics of the wedding, I know y'all will have a blast!
    Good luck at your appt, you are gona look so beautiful in everything you try on, you're never gonna be able to decide! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun trying on dresses! You better come back with some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great weekend. Dress shopping is so much fun.

    Also, where can I get a margarita like that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I NEED THAT MARGARITA RIGHT NOW!!!! Maybe I should be giving up drinking for lent too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait to hear how the dress hunt goes!! So excited for you still! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh PS. Have so much fun dress shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! Wedding dress shopping is going to be SOOO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pic is hysterical!!! Soooo excited to hear about your dress - enjoy the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I completely understand the whole "I like drinking beer because it doesn't give me a headache but instead gives me a gut." It's a lose-lose situation for me, but I've really been trying to cut back on the beer too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cannot wait to see yall at our wedding! You are so sweet to post about the wedding (and to include a cute pic)! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That glass is as big as you! Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Megan, please don't stress about the dress...I know you will find something perfect! I was doing the same thing EXACTLY 10 years ago this spring...it goes by fast so soak it up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't give anything up this year. Kudos to you! P.S. that drink is huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL I LOVE MARGARITAS THAT SIZE!! Oh, the college memories that brings back. Beer is a good thing to give up...I too should do that bc bikini season is coming up ahhh

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I had of read this before this past weekend.. ha. Because I had enough for the both of us. But it sure would be nice to help my mini-gut go away too, haha

    ReplyDelete