Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up & Menu Monday.

I can definitely tell it's Monday. Had to scramble to get ready this morning because the person who was supposed to open called in sick. Oh well, that just means I get to leave a little early today! 

Friday night we had a couple of people over and just grilled some burgers. After they left, Cameron and I just sat on the back porch, listened to some music and chatted. 
Boomer, my parents' dog, provided the entertainment for the evening. He'll do anything for a cookie.
Saturday, Cameron and I spent the day in my hometown, Summerville. I took him to the restaurant that I worked at in highschool and made him try their famous chili cheeseburger. I, of course, had to eat one, too. With extra pickles....and a side of pickles. The owner still calls me "Pickle" when I come in. :)
That night, we attended Austin & Justin's wedding! Austin is my sister's age, and I used to cheer with her sister, but we became good friends when she worked with me last year. 
One day, we were gchatting and she mentioned how she really wanted a reception coordinator but didn't want to spend a lot of money on one. So I offered to do it for her as her wedding gift!  All I really had to do was go to the reception hall before the wedding to make sure all of the vendors were there and everything was set up properly. Then, during the reception, just made sure everything was going along with the timeline.


----------
Here is this weeks planned menu. I say planned because I'm sure something will come up and it won't all go according to plan.
Monday - Tilapia with Creamy Dijon Dill Sauce (didn't get around to making it last week), cheesy zucchini rice
Tuesday - Penne and Chicken Tenderloins with Spiced Tomato Sauce
Wednesday - Bangin' Grilled Shrimp Skewers with apple poppyseed salad
Thursday - Dress Fitting - Quesadillas?
Friday - Spaghetti with garlic bread and salad
Saturday - Megan in Columbia
Sunday - Buffalo chicken soup (cut recipe in half)

6 comments :

  1. Matt's Burgers!! I remember when you guys worked there... I also remember when we worked at Sonic. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Megan in Columbia" AKA Fried chicken, pasta salad and beer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was me, Steph by the way if you couldn't tell. And that pic of Boom is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic of the doggy with the hat - hilarious! I need to try some of these items on your menu - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great weekend. The meal plan looks yummy! I know what you mean about something always coming up, though! I always end up with an extra meal or two at the end of a planned week! But so far I'm two for two this month!

    ReplyDelete