Monday, January 7, 2013

Relaxing, Yet Productive Weekend.

Ahh one of the last weekends until the wedding where we had nothing scheduled. Those are the best kind of weekends sometimes. 
Saturday I made it to Body Pump in the morning with Emily & Katie. The class was packed! Lots of new years resolutioners I assume. But then again, that class is always packed. After that, I convinced them to go across the street and try on their bridesmaid dresses since they weren't sweaty. :) 
Colors: Topaz (left), Palomino (right)

After that I went home and cleaned the house a little bit, then relaxed on the couch.  
For Christmas, Cameron's aunt and uncle gave everyone Outback Steakhouse giftcards. We didn't have any plans for dinner that night so I sent out a text to Cameron's sister and sisters-in-laws to see if they wanted to all get together for dinner. I don't know how it happened, but surprisingly, everyone was able to make it! It was so fun to hang out with all of my future siblings! :) 
Dress: alice + olivia (similar here), Belt: Lilly Pulitzer
Sunday was another lazy, yet productive day. Lazy because I was in my pj's up until about 4pm, but productive because I was doing laundry, taking down Christmas decorations, meal planning, and doing my "homework" for our first pre-marital counseling tomorrow in said pj's. The house looks so bare now that all of the decorations are gone. :(
Emily made this for me. Now Cameron won't have to keep asking me what's for dinner. But let's be real, he probably still will.

Around 4 or 5, we decided we needed to get out of the house for a bit so we went to Target. I had a gift card from my birthday that I was itching to use. It wasn't hard, obviously. 
-Champion Cardio Tank
-Dove Milk Chocolate Raisins & Peanuts
-John Frieda Conical Curling Wand
-L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate Free Volume Conditioner for Color Treated Hair (recommended by Katie!)
-Caldrea Signature Candle in Water Lily (smells amazing and lasts 50 hours!)

 And then I made a super yummy dinner that I will post the recipe for tomorrow! (If you follow me on Instagram - meganlsmith3 - then you got a sneak peek.)

Have a great week!!

10 comments :

  1. Emily has acquired quite the skills in art design these days ;)

    Only 2 weeks until I get to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding will come so fast!!!

    Xo-L
    brunchwithlaura.blogspot.com
    (Formerly Simply Lowcountry)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bridesmaids dresses!

    I can easily spend way too much time [and money] in Target. Love that curling iron, I made a mental note that I wanted one long ago..

    -kelly
    sweettea-lemonade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dresses are so so pretty. I need some of that chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dresses are so pretty! They look comfortable and that they flow well. Hi skinny mini in the burgundy dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love finding stuff on clearance at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the dresses! :) I can't wait to see photos of them all together!

    I also really like that calendar idea for meal planning - I desperately need to do something like that. Getting organized is definitely a resolution for me this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous are those bridesmaids dresses!!! My girls' dresses are almost that exact same color, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you used the wand yet?? I am itching to buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gah! I love some Target! I also freaking love Caldrea candles - I even have some of the laundry detergent, but I only use it on our sheets. Ha! I love that you are meal planning, something I have got to start doing. I just hate to actually write cereal on like 3 out of the 7 days! :) xx.

    ReplyDelete