Monday, October 28, 2013

A glorious weekend.

Pretty much the perfect weekend was had.
 
Friday night, we invited a couple of friends over to enjoy some oysters. I never really get full from eating oysters, but Friday night, I got full. That's how many I ate. They were sooo good and salty.
 
 
 
Emily and Kate brought over items to make s'mores. Those were also tasty and delicious.

Saturday, I had a work wedding, but before I went in, Cameron and I tried out a new (to us) restaurant called Tattooed Moose. It has been featured on The Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins And Dives." I had heard so many great things about this place so we were excited to try it. I wish I would have taken pictures of our food, but I hadn't eaten breakfast that morning so I inhaled my Cuban sandwich the second it was set in front of me. Cameron ordered their famous duck club and we got a side of the duck fat fries and duck fat gravy. (Yes, I have my gym bag packed for after work.) Holy yum, can't wait to go back.
Watched the South Carolina / Missouri game from work and in true Gamecock style, it was a game sure to test your heart. Fumbles, interceptions, you name it. We tried to give the game away. That is, until our first string quarterback came into the game (he got hurt in our game last weekend) late in the third quarter. Going into the 4th quarter, we were down 17-0! Our team finally came together and at the end of the 4th quarter, it was tied 17-17!!! Fast forward to the second overtime (we both scored touchdowns during the first overtime)...Gamecocks were held just to a kicking a field goal. Next up, Missouri's turn...I'll just leave you to the video clip to get the full effect.
 
 
Maybe the happiest we've ever seen Spurrier.
 Sunday, we hit up another new (to us) restaurant with Caroline and Andy for brunch. This time, it was Rutledge Cab Co. I took a moment to document my lunch this time...
BLT eggs benedict with a side of grits.
Another place I can't wait to try again!
After lunch, Cameron and I ran some errands, then went over to his parents' house to celebrate October birthdays. Our nieces made and decorated the delicious cookie cake. :)

Hope you all have a great week!
post signature

17 comments :

  1. I'm actually going to Tattooed Moose tomorrow! I try to limit myself but those fries are amazing! Looks like a fun weekend and talk about an amazing game :)
    xo,
    Megan
    Bespeckled With Freckles

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great weekend! I've realllly been wanting oysters recently too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good girl getting a cuban. ha. now i want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never cooked Oysters at home...how did you guys cook them?

    Also, I am obsessed with Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives....I'm going to have to put Tattoed Moose on my list.


    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that yall are trying new restaurants too. Hard for us to branch out but always glad when we do. PS - I'm coming for oyster night next time haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both restaurants are so good. I am huge fan of Tattooed Moose. Their bahn mi is soo awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those fries sound like a delicious heart attack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love some oysters! I eat so many I make myself sick! I'm so happy it's oyster season again! I tried to eat at the Tattooed Moose awhile back for lunch and they had an hour wait so we went somewhere else. I'll have to try it again. I do love Rutledge Cab Company. Always so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After reading this, I'm not sure what I want first! Grits or S'mores?!?! Looks like a GREAT weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a FAB weekend. Altho, to me, any weekend that involves smores is a fab weekend haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! I've always wanted to host an Oyster roast. You need to post a how to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I watched the first half of the game and had to stop I couldn't handle watching the Gamecocks lose. I was glad to learn they pulled it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Try the Thanksgiving sandwich next time you're at tattooed moose! It's soooo good!!

    ReplyDelete