Thursday, September 25, 2014

Light Shrimp Pasta with Tomatoes, Artichokes, & Spinach

This recipe is super simple, but full of flavor. I feel bad, but I honestly cannot remember where I found it. I know there are no real measurements, so cross your fingers, and eyeball it like I did. :)


whole wheat linguini or angel hair (I used Dreamfields low-carb pasta)
shrimp -  thawed, peeled, de-veined
grape tomatoes
red onion, thinly sliced into rings (I didn't use because I hate onions)
pre-washed bag of spinach 
artichokes, quartered
garlic, minced
lemon juice and zest
olive oil
parmesan cheese (optional, but recommended)
                  

Cook pasta ahead of time, drain, set aside.


Whisk together a few tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, s/p, set aside. 

In a saute pan, heat a tablespoon or two of olive oil over medium heat and add garlic. 

Next add onions and shrimp. Let cook until onions are tender and shrimp are cooked through.

Add grape tomatoes and saute for a few minutes, then add spinach spinach last and cook until wilted.

Place pasta in a large bowl, followed by mixture from saute pan. Pour lemon oil mixture on top and toss. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

post signature

4 comments :

  1. Looks super yummy--right up my alley as is usual with almost every meal that you post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are seriously making my mouth water! This looks so good!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete